Monday 25 February 2008

Raining Me In

One of the things about being a relativly newly out-and-about tranny is that you get to do a lot of 'firsts'. First time out on your own, first club, first time on public transport, first wolf-whistle* - that sort of thing.

Back in October I drove by myself as Rachel for the first time. It was the evening of the Surrey Swans' Goth Night, and Mrs Rachel couldn't come along with me as my daughter had to be collected from a party. So I drove from Staines to Ash and back by myself; not a considerable journey (a 40 mile round-trip) but, at the time, quite an adventure. Needless to say I was a little nervous as I started my journey and hit the main roads. At which point, of course, the heavens opened and it poured with rain - really poured, turning an already nervous driving experience into, well, a more nervous one. But I survived.

Fast forward to last night and another Surrey Swans meeting. I have a pair of flats I use for driving, but I'd put on the high-heel boots I wanted to wear for the meeting and foolishly decided that it wasn't worth taking them off. They were comfy, and the heels aren't too excessive and I was happy I could drive in them if I took it carefully. And Rachel is, if nothing else, a much less aggressive driver than Mr X. So off I went - my first time driving in heels. I was nervous, but coped well, and soon got into the swing of it.

Halfway into the journey, the heavens opened and it poured with rain ...

*Not yet.

No comments: