Sunday 10 January 2010

Another First

It's true that I like recording crossdressing 'firsts', and I've racked up another.

My first train journey as Rachel.

I've done the London Underground a few times, but don't really count that. This was something I'd been wanting to do for a while, and hadn't got around to - a day-trip up to Sydney. It's a two-hour train journey from here, but not to expensive, so I decided that it would be worth the effort. Doing it in the middle of the school holidays perhaps wasn't the most sensible plan, perhaps, if I was aiming to avoing the tranny's natural predator - teenagers - but in fact everything went well.

So there we are. Easy.

In Sydney I poked around a few shops (and decided that the new 'Doctor Who ' role-playing game is out of my price range), and did some sightseeing around Hyde Park. Nothing fancy - it was too hot really.

Here I am hiding in the shade:

In The Shade

One thing that did come out of the trip was the realisation that long hair is more trouble than it's worth. I do love the freedom of my wearing own hair as Rachel, but it's a lot of effort to maintain, especially given that for 95% of the time I'm wearing it as a bloke. A wig may be warm, but, frankly, it is more convenient. So, I'm thinking about having my hair cut off ...

3 comments:

jayne said...

I've only just discovered your blog and find it most interesting how you have developed and expanded your "closet" since you started writing. I hope you continue to enjoy your crossdressing as much as I have over the years and continue to expand your horizons. Jayne

Rachel said...

Thanks Jayne. I have been keen to try new things and explore limits since I came out, but I am amazed at how easy I've found it as well. Those who know me as a bloke will know that I'm not the most confident of people, but through Rachel I have enhanced that side of my life as well.

Emma said...

I have taken a lot of heart from your blog. I'm in a similar position with the crossdressing and the two kids and living in NSW. I'm only at the beginning of things as far as cross dressing goes and it can feel quite isolating. It's good to see that there is at least one other person in a similar situation!